THE BEST JOB
Just few days ago, I was talking to my wife about the ideal job. Therefore I got surprised when we were asked last Thursday to write about the best company to work for.
My conclusion was that there is no ideal job. Your personal and professional conditions and ambitions change with every stage of your life.
For instance, do yo think that a man in his fifties would be happy in Google’s headquarters coffe room listening every to his twenty year old colleagues tells him how he got stonned the previous night…. and this day after day! I have nightmares better than this image.
But I don’t want to refuse to propose the best company to work for, or rather the best job: TAXI DRIVER.
Why this option? Because of personal experience.
My father became a taxi driver when he was 45 years old. After working hard for the same company since he was 14 he got fired, having to educate three sons. Nowadays his sons are a doctor, an architect and an engineer thanks to his and his wife’s efforts, but obviously thanks to the taxi car.
But, this can be achieved through many jobs (although nowadays it seems hard to say something like that), what really has made me take this option is:
1. You don’t have a boss (what usually translates in more working hours).
2. You have 3000 colleagues to cho0se who you are really interested in (and ignore absoloutly the rest). In fact, now that my father has been retired for four years he still keeps in touch with his taxidriver friends.
3. You can say a customer they are stupid and you only lose four euros…
4. Apple is not going to open a new and smarter shop in front of yours…
5. You get your salary in cash every day. No problem with customer pending debts.
6. You experience some interesting situations and personalities, Conan Doyle Taxi Driver
7. And so on….
There are only two bad things: timetable and security.
But It would be a good option for me when working hours stop being a problem for me …maybe in 10 years, when my children become teenagers 😉