INTERNATIONAL WOMEN’S DAY
Happy Women’s day girls!
Can you think of reasons for celebrating women’s day?
You can find a few on UN’s website, for example:
– To recognize that peace and social progress require the active participation and equality of women, and to acknowledge the contribution of women to international peace and security.
– Because nowhere in the world can women claim to have all the same rights and opportunities as men.
– Because the majority of the world’s 1.3 billion absolute poor are women
– Because on average, women receive between 30 and 40 per cent less pay than men earn for the same work.
– Because women continue to be victims of violence, with rape and domestic violence listed as significant causes of disability and death among women of reproductive age worldwide.